Monday, July 19, 2010

A silly poem to share

Square Foot

It takes on the shape of my shoe now,

smashed black and blue,

like Oe’s The Changling.

Kojito offends a Yakuza boss

but instead of killing Kojito,

setting his feet in concrete,

the Yakuza attack him

every three years

smashing Kojito’s left foot.

By the third attack,

the foot is so disfigured,

it won’t fit into a regular shoe.

Kojito claims gout.

Still hopeful, I wear blue Velcro,

toes jammed together

moving safely not toward gout but a heal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin; I wish I would understand poetry and English better. It's always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    _The Changling_ is about 50th on my reading list. I may have to bump it up a little in front of all the YA books.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete